Friday, August 15, 2014

O'Captain, My Captain

Sometimes photo ideas just hit you and you have to act on impulse. So that's exactly what I did when I thought of how to commemorate the late Robin Williams. So my boyfriend, William and I went out to shoot some photos this past Wednesday evening. After my original photo idea, I ended up taking some more photos. It was nice. The sky was so stormy, so dark, so mysterious, so beautiful.
After hearing about Robin's death this past week, I was deeply saddened. This man was the face of my childhood. He was in all the movies I watched growing up. Flubber, RV, License to Wed, Night at the Museum, Happy Feet, Bicentennial Man, Aladdin, Jack, Jumanji, The Birdcage, Hook and golly I must have watched Mrs. Doubtfire about 15 times. It troubles my heart to know that such a great and genuine man, on and off the screen, was battling demons far beyond his control. But there are no demons in Heaven, Robin. Genie, you're free.


 "O'Captain, My Captain"





No comments:

Post a Comment